Make this super easy fried rice to pair with your favorite takeout dishes!
Lately, I have been exploring different rice recipes as an alternative to plain, boiled rice. I have also been on a Chinese takeout kick with my weekly chicken and beef stir-fry recipes.
When I’m in the mood to satisfy my takeout cravings, I want to be as authentic as possible, so I figured I would try fried rice. It brings a stir-fry meal together and tastes absolutely amazing!
All you need is rice, vegetables of your choosing (I used peas and onions), an egg, soy sauce and sesame oil.
TIP: Cook and cool your rice at least one day ahead or cook it a few hours before and let it cool in the refrigerator before stir-frying.
Check out the recipe below and put homemade takeout on your dinner table tonight!
- 2 cups pre-cooked rice
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅛ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Add sesame oil and onion to skillet or wok over medium heat. Sautee until onions are translucent.
- Add pre-cooked rice and peas to skillet. Combine.
- Push rice mixture to the side of the skillet and add beaten egg. Scramble.
- Combine all ingredients and add as much soy sauce as desired. Enjoy!